Friday, June 16, 2006

Stuffed Dog of the Week - #2

It's Doppy (Dapel's nickname) - the dog that I got when triLcat (Leah) was born and that she named & later adopted (see previous post). I really thought that she had been laid to rest, but it turns out that she lays to rest all day long on my sister's bed to this very day...


I never really connected with animals in general and I never connected with stuffed animals either. The only animal I really like is our nameless turtle who lives in the garden. I'm always happily surprised to see her. I even laughed when I found her in the middle of my living room one day when I came home. I also loved my old turtle, Nobert, who my neighbor (several houses ago) threw out because he was eating all of their herbs (oops). I kind of liked my goldfish Ollie... I guess I prefer 'pets' that grow up and hopefully take care of themselves someday :-) (Though I could live without ever having to go to a parent-teacher meeting or class party again.)

I may not be capable of loving animals, but I am somewhat sentimental. Seeing Doppy's picture was kind of like running into an old friend...

1 comment:

DrSavta said...

I remember after the children had successfully convinced us that we needed to have another child, one of them asked, "and when the baby is born will we all get 'stuff toyed animals'?" Apparently that child had remembered getting a new animal when a sibling was born. So Doppy was Rachel's gift from the baby (Leah) when Leah was born.